Smyth & Helwys Publishing produces books and Bible study materials for individuals and churches under its imprints NextSunday Resources, Smyth & Helwys Books, and Peake Road Press. We are currently seeking a full-time Marketing and Sales Associate with responsibilities in marketing, sales and production.
Candidates must possess at least a high school diploma, though a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. We require excellent English skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and time management, and good organizational skills. Applicants must demonstrate essential computer skills along with the ability and willingness to learn. A degree in marketing or business is preferred, but anyone with an interest in publishing as a career option or field of interest is encouraged to apply.
Full-time, in-house position with responsibilities in supporting the work of the Marketing and Sales division, and secondarily the Production division. This position reports to the Publisher, as well as the VP-Finance, and is located at our office in Macon, Georgia. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Marketing and Customer Service
- Serve as a representative of Smyth & Helwys, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Smyth & Helwys community and with the public.
- Work with primary customer service staff in customer relations and sales, including phone and online order fulfillment.
- Create and manage all promotional campaigns, including customer base emails, sales strategies, order form creation and in-product advertisements.
- Manage all corporate travel, including exhibit preparations and travel arrangements.
- Consult and assist in marketing strategies across all brands and products.
- Travel as necessary to participate in workshops, training events, and promotional activities
- Manage all writer submissions, contracts and payment requests.
- Schedule and prepare all books for endorsement and review.
- Prepare digital files and coordinate work on appropriate digital products across the distribution network, as per established guidelines and procedures.
- Consult in production strategies, including cover design and titling, across all brands and products.
- Perform basic administrative duties, as needed.
- Offer assistance toward the performance of the Publisher’s duties, at the Publisher’s discretion.
All job applications must include a complete job and educational history, salary requirements and list of three references. All materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.