Smyth & Helwys Publishing produces books and Bible study materials for individuals and churches under its imprints NextSunday Resources, Smyth & Helwys Books, and Peake Road Press. We are currently seeking a full-time Marketing and Sales Associate with responsibilities in marketing, sales and production.
We require excellent English skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and time management, and good organizational skills. Applicants must demonstrate essential computer skills along with the ability and willingness to learn. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required. Familiarity with various social media platforms and their use for business strongly preferred.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but anyone with an interest in publishing as a career option or field of interest is encouraged to apply.
Full-time, in-house position with responsibilities in supporting the work of the Marketing and Sales division, and secondarily the Production division. This position reports to the Publisher and is located at our office in Macon, Georgia. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create and manage all promotional campaigns, including customer base emails, sales strategies, order form creation and in-product advertisements.
- Manage all corporate travel, including exhibit preparations and travel arrangements.
- Consult and assist in marketing strategies across all brands and products.
- Receive all book proposals and provide assistance to the Publisher in managing manuscript acquisition.
- Submit and track all author and writer contracts and handle all pre- and post-production author correspondence.
- Serve as a representative of Smyth & Helwys, displaying courtesy, tact, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Smyth & Helwys community and with the public.
- Work with primary customer service staff in customer relations and sales, including phone and online order fulfillment.
- Travel as necessary to participate in workshops, training events, and promotional activities.
- Manage all writer submissions, contracts and payment requests.
- Schedule and prepare all books for endorsement and review.
- Perform basic administrative duties, as needed.
Publisher Assistance (10%)
- Offer assistance toward the performance of the Publisher’s duties, at the Publisher’s discretion.
- All applications must include education and employment histories and provide three references.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.