Job Description: Smyth & Helwys Publishing produces books and Bible study materials for individuals and churches under its imprints NextSunday Resources, Smyth & Helwys Books, and Peake Road Press. We are currently seeking a full-time Graphic Designer with responsibilities in typesetting, cover design, and website management.
Candidates must possess at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. We require demonstrated expertise in creative visual design in print and web media, meticulous attention to detail and time management, and exceptional organizational skills. Applicants must demonstrate an evident working knowledge of InDesign and WordPress, along with the ability and willingness to learn. The possibility for travel exists, though it will be limited.
Candidate will serve as a representative of Smyth & Helwys, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with the staff and with the public.
Function: Full-time, in-house position with responsibilities in supporting the work of the Production Division, with responsibilities in graphic design and website management.
This position reports to the Publisher. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Website Management – Work with staff to conceptualize, design, implement, and maintain WordPress websites.
• Books – Work with the book editor and marketing staff to design and typeset interiors, and to design and finalize covers. Ability to generate eBooks a plus.
• Curriculum – Work with editors and marketing staff to design and typeset interiors, to design and finalize covers, and to do pre-press work.
• Marketing – Work with marketing staff to design and do pre-press work for catalogs, collateral pieces, magazine and newspaper ads, and other company promotion.
• Travel as necessary to participate in meetings, conventions, workshops, training events, and promotional activities.
• Provide assistance to the Publisher, at the Publisher’s request and discretion.
Email a cover letter, resume, salary history, and references, along with design samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org