Smyth & Helwys Publishing produces books and Bible study materials for individuals and churches. We are currently seeking a full-time Customer Service/Accounting Representative with responsibilities including individual and church sales, bookkeeping, order entry, and participation in sales strategies.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidates must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and time management, good organizational skills, and a positive outlook. Applicants must demonstrate essential computer skills along with the ability and willingness to learn. The possibility for travel exists, though it will be limited.
This full-time, in-house employee will have responsibilities supporting the work of the Finance and Sales Division, with responsibilities in customer service, sales, and support. This position reports to the Vice President-Finance. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a first line of support by phone, email, and web for customer service sales.
- Research potential new church clients, send sample kits, and provide necessary follow-up by email and phone.
- Enter all orders into inventory management systems.
- Work with distributors and bookstores to manage inventory requests.
- Serve as a representative of Smyth & Helwys, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Smyth & Helwys community and with the public.
- Provide financial reports to management team.
- Consult and assist in sales strategies across all brands and products.
- Travel as necessary to participate in meetings, conventions, workshops, training events, and promotional activities.
- Provide assistance to the Vice President-Finance and the Publisher, upon request and with discretion.
All applications must include education and employment histories and provide three references. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.