Smyth & Helwys Publishing produces books and Bible study materials for individuals and churches under its imprints NextSunday Resources, Smyth & Helwys Books, and Peake Road Press. We are currently seeking a full-time Associate Editor with responsibilities in substantive editing and quality control.
Candidates must possess at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A strong biblical knowledge is preferred. We require excellent English skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and time management, and good organizational skills. Applicants must demonstrate essential computer skills along with the ability and willingness to learn. The possibility for travel exists, though it will be limited. Relocation to Macon, Georgia, is required.
Full-time, in-house position with responsibilities in supporting the work of the Production Division, with responsibilities in copy and content editing. This position reports to the Publisher. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Copyedit various lines of curriculum and books, as per established guidelines and procedures.
- Manage production of resources for youth and children, as per established guidelines and procedures.
- Provide content editing for curriculum and books, as needed and per established guidelines and procedures.
- Consult in production strategies, including cover design and titling, across all brands and products.
- Serve as a representative of Smyth & Helwys, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the Smyth & Helwys community and with the public.
- Consult and assist in marketing strategies across all brands and products.
- Travel as necessary to participate in meetings, conventions, workshops, training events, and promotional activities.
All applications must include education and employment histories and provide three references. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.